Species of Origin
His Tag (C-term)
Lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution of PBS, pH 8.0.
>98% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
The protein has a calculated MW of 18.5 kDa.
The protein migrates as 17 kDa under reducing condition (SDS-PAGE analysis).
Measure by its ability to induce IL-8 secretion in HT29 cells. The ED₅₀ for this effect is <2.0 ng/mL. The specific activity of recombinant human IL-1 beta is approximately >3 x 10⁷ IU/mg, which is calibrated against the human IL-1 beta WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 86/680).
<0.05 EU per 1 µg of the protein by the LAL method.
Interleukin-1 beta (IL-1β) is a major cytokine expressed in macrophage, NK cells, monocytes, and neutrophils. It also plays fundamental role in inflammatory response, including monocyte activation, which is essential for the host defense and pathogen resistance. Pro-IL-1β is cleaved by cytosolic caspase 1 to form mature IL-1β.
Interleukin-1 beta, Catabolin
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized protein in sterile H₂O to a concentration not less than 0.5 mg/mL and incubate the stock solution for at least 20 min to ensure sufficient re-dissolved.
Stability & Storage
This product is stable after storage at:
- -20°C for 12 months in lyophilized state from date of receipt.
- -20°C or -80°C for 1 month under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
LeadGMP® recombinant proteins are manufactured in ISO 13485:2016 and GMP certified facility. The processes include:
- Animal-free reagent and laboratory
- Manufactured and tested under GMP guideline
- Testing and traceability of raw material
- Records of the maintenance and equipment calibration
- Personnel training records
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Documentation of QA control and process changes
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 13485:2016 certified quality management system
- Stability monitor of product shelf-life
LeadGMP® Human IL-1 beta Protein, His Tag, E. coli (LDG002PHE-GMP) induces IL-8 secretion in HT29 cells, with the ED50 < 2.0 ng/mL.
SDS-PAGE analysis of LeadGMP® IL-1 beta, Human1/2
Help others learn more about this product. Use the link below to share your experience.
There are currently no publications. Use the link below to let us know.
Datasheet & Documents1/1
Disclaimer：For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.