Cat. No. 4395 / 4445
TMB (3, 3', 5, 5'-tetramethylbenzidine) is a chromogenic substrate for Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP). TMB produces a deep blue color during the enzymatic degradation of hydrogen peroxide by HRP, and the addition of a stop solution gives a clear yellow color that absorbs at 450 nm. This substrate gives higher signal and has a higher sensitivity in ELISA than OPD (ortho-phenylenediamine dichloride).
♦ TMB PLUS2® characteristics are :
· Medium sensitivity
· Very low background
· Aqueous based – no organic solvents (REACH Annex XVII compliant)
· Low lot-to-lot variation
For traceable pipetting, we recommend using pink colored TMB PLUS2® Prestained (cat. no. 4445). The pink indicator disappears after addition of the stop solution.
· Available sizes:100 mL, 500 mL, 1 L, bulk
· Format:Ready-to-use (RTU)
· Storage:2-8⁰C in the dark
· Stability:4 years
· Development time:5-30 minutes
· Stop solution:0.2 M H₂SO₄