Chronic kidney disease (CKD) often results from hypertension or diabetes. When the kidneys are damaged, the filtration function is blocked, then the wastes and the uremic toxins accumulate in the circulation. Among all uremic toxins, protein-bound toxins such as indoxyl sulfate (IS) are critical to CKD patients. When the glomerular filtration rate decreases, protein-bound toxins become challenging to be cleared in the blood and further damage the renal function and cardiovascular system. In addition, IS will turn on specific genes encoding ROS, free radicals, etc., and increase oxidative stress.
Indoxyl sulfate (IS) is a good marker for CKD diagnosis since it directly reflects the glomerular filtration rate. We have a breakthrough in discovering an antibody against the small molecule. And we have launched the CE marked LEADGENE® Indoxyl Sulfate (IS) ELISA Kit.
- The FIRST CKD IVD on the global market!
- CE Mark approval for IVD applications in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- High specificity without cross-reactivity to other analogs
- LEADGENE® IS ELISA kit is comparable to LC-MS
- No expensive equipment needed